Monday, November 21, 2011

I was going to say today that I'm thankful for jeans.  Instead, I'll say that I'm thankful that I and my family have clothing.  I heard a story last week from a man from Africa who said he didn't have a stitch of clothing until he was about ten years old.  He didn't know an existence without nakedness.  And then, when he was about ten, UNICEF came in and gave each child in his village one pair of underwear.  He said that was what they wore to school.  And when he got home, he had to wash it each night so he could wear it again the next day.

I'm thankful that my children have clothing.  That they have not only undergarments, but also multiple pairs of socks and shoes, jeans, shorts, dress clothes, tee shirts, casual shirts, sweaters, sweatshirts, coats, jackets, hats and gloves.  My family is extremely blessed.